International Christian Dance Fellowship
mobilising the movement arts in ministry and mission
As an organisation of Christian dancers and movers
- We desire to honour and represent God who has expressed his nature in this world through creating beauty, colour, movement, variety and community God has communicated with us both through the written and verbal word and the non-verbal word of his creation, body action and symbol. Supremely he gave this in his son Jesus Messiah who both spoke and was the Word of God.
- We want to work together in the church to bring more freedom, healing and joy into the body of Christ through the experience of moving in worship, prayer, exercise and community.
- We are a visual and relating generation wanting to release the good news to those around us who have turned away from the church and need to encounter the message in a way that is relevant to them.
- We seek to engage and serve our global world where dance in all people groups is an important means of cultural expression, creativity and non-verbal language. We want to bring beauty, meaning, healing and fitness to those who are challenged and those who need a challenge.
- We aim to be a bridge from the church into the world where dance is enjoyed both as entertainment, therapy, exercise and spiritual exploration.
- To do this we need teamwork, resources and training for effectiveness and excellence, encouraging one another in love and truth.
WE SEEK TO BE GOD’S PEOPLE IMPACTING THE WORLD TOGETHER WITH THE LIFE OF JESUS, EXPERIENCING AND EXPRESSING THIS IN DANCE AND MOVEMENT INSPIRED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
From the ICDF constitution:
ICDF Vision & Beliefs
- To honour Jesus Christ in all its activities and to help build unity in the body of Christ.
- To support and guide the formation of Christian Dance Fellowships in countries that express an interest in having one.
- To provide international networking, vision and support for Christians involved in dance and movement, particularly in countries where there is no Christian Dance Fellowship.
- To encourage excellence, depth and leadership in dance and movement ministries.
- To exchange resource and other information with people and dance / arts organisations.
- 'A CALL TO THE CHRISTIAN DANCE FELLOWSHIP' - download PDF
Statement of Beliefs
As part of the Church, the body of Christ/Messiah, ICDF acknowledges one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit who has revealed Himself and the way of salvation through the Bible, and affirms:
- The sovereignty, grace and love of God the Father in Creation and Redemption.
- The atoning death, bodily resurrection and return of Jesus of Nazareth, Messiah, God the Son, Savior and Lord of all, acknowledging that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 14:6)
- The indwelling work of God the Holy Spirit in regenerating, sanctifying and empowering the believer.